The festival provides quality literature in reading, writing, illustrating and engaging with the wonderful world of words.
Nurturing literacy and reading are at the heart of the magazine.
The festival is an amazing celebration for students to meet their favourite writers and illustrators from The School Magazine. There will be vox pop videos from the artists talking about their craft, fun activities and lots more!
Who is this for: the virtual festival is suitable for all school children in kindergarten to grade 6.
Dates: it will run for five days between Monday 24th to Friday 28th August 2020.
Where: Virtual event!
Please note: the virtual festival will remain online for 1 month.
Our list of 6 featured artists are:
- Ursula Dubosarsky. The Australian Children’s Laureate 2020-2021, award-winning author of countless picture books, novels and plays and a beloved contributor to the School Magazine. Her work is showcased in our new publication – Tales of All Kinds: The World of Ursula Dubosarsky!
- Geoffrey McSkimming. Best-selling Australian author of the 19 volume Cairo Jim chronicles and the Phyllis Wong mysteries. This quirky, original scribbler has brought hours of giggle-acious fun to his readers, especially as part of The School Magazine Editorial Team.
- Sylvia Morris. Freelance illustrator based in Melbourne, Australia, with a love for science communication and maths.
- Christopher Nielsen. Award-winning Australian freelance illustrator with a love for vintage design.
- Zoë Disher. Children’s writer based in Newcastle, Australia, where she writes both fiction and nonfiction. She’s always been fascinated by the creepy-crawly and slippery-slimy world of invertebrates.
- Jackie Hosking. Children’s author and poet based in the Surf Coast, Australia. She runs the bi-monthly, networking e-zine PASS IT ON for those involved with or interested in the Children’s Book Writing and Illustrating industry.
More information coming soon during the first week of Term 3, 2020!