Comic serial creators
Comic serial submissions are now closed.
Each year The School Magazine runs at least two comic serials in each issue of the magazine. We publish fantasy, humour, folktales, historical drama, sci-fi and a mixture of these genres. Our readers love humour and are in the 8-12 year old reading age range, so material must be appropriate and appeal to readers across this age range.
Comic serials can be:
- a single-page serial in ten parts or
- a two-page serial in ten parts (20 single pages total, no double spreads).
Interested comic serial creators should submit their proposed comic serial digitally, including:
- a written synopsis of the comic serial, including episode breakdowns. (Rough art to explain key points can be incorporated.)
- episode 1 to finished art stage (page dimensions are 185mm x 240mm).
- character sheet with rough or finished art, introducing key characters.