Each year The School Magazine runs at least two comic serials or graphic novellas in each issue of the magazine. We publish fantasy, humour, folktales, historical drama, sci-fi and a mixture of these genres. Our readers love humour and are in the 8-12 year-old reading age range, so material must be appropriate and appeal to readers across this age range.
Comic serial submissions
for 2018 are now closed.
Comic serials can be:
- a single-page serial in ten parts OR
- a two-page serial in ten parts.
Interested comic serial creators should submit hard copies only of:
- A written synopsis of the comic serial, including episode breakdowns. (Rough art to explain key points can be incorporated.)
- Episode 1 to finished art stage
- Character sheet with rough or finished art, introducing key characters.
Successful creators will need to complete the entire work by an agreed date in December or January.
For further information, please contact Geoffrey McSkimming:
- email: email@example.com
- phone: 02 9244 5077
Submissions should be posted to:
The School Magazine
Attention: Geoffrey McSkimming
Locked Bag 53
Darlinghurst NSW 1300